Chico ART Festival
On Floral Avenue – Formerly Art at the Matador – May 12 & 13, 2023
Friday May 12 – 4 pm – 8 pm | Saturday May 13 – 10 am – 5 pm
- You must be present to interact with the public during event hours and may only show your own art. If you share a room or booth with other artists, each of you must submit an application (with images and descriptions) for approval.
- No imports or resale items are allowed.
- All participants must have a valid CA Seller’s Permit or team up with a participant who has one. To obtain a CA Seller’s Permit contact the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration at 800.400.7115 or go to www.cdtfa.ca.gov and register online.
- The event will take place rain or shine with no refunds or alternate dates in the event of a natural disaster.
Onsite security provided Friday night after the close of the show until 9:00 am Saturday morning.
Booth Rates and Payment Schedule
Booth spaces are 10 feet by 10 feet outdoors. You provide your own tent, tables, and display furniture. Booths will cost $150.00. A 50% discount is available for artists who volunteer to help or who serve on the Chico ART Festival Committee. Apply and make your full booth payment by April 15. After April 15, space permitting, late entries will be accepted with a $50 surcharge.
To reserve your space, a 50% deposit is required with your application. The final 50% is due by April 15, 2023. Payments of balance made after April 15 will be subject to a $25.00 late fee.
Cancellation and Refund Policy – No refunds after April 15, 2023.
Pay your deposit and balance, or payment in full on our website, ChiVAA.org, or send a check or money order payable to ChiVAA with your registration form & checklist items to P.O. Box 1967, Chico, CA 95927.
To be valid, your application must contain all items on this list:
- Apply online HERE (new this year) or download a PDF or Word Doc application.
- Pay either 100% of the total fee, or 50% with final payment due April 15.
- Submit 4 images of your work, 1 of your booth for screening, 1 of artist. They can be digital images or hard copy photos. Digital images must be in jpeg format. We prefer high-resolution (300 dpi) images that are suitable for print. Name your files as FirstLastName_Title.jpg, FirstLastName_Booth.jpg, and FirstLastName.jpg.
- Artist statement for publicity. Please let us know if you are planning to add something exciting to your booth. Past exhibitors have added to the excitement of the show with special events and/or live demos.
How to Apply
- Online Submissions: Apply online HERE. New and easiest way to apply!
- Email Submissions: Email to festival@ChiVAA.org with (Chico ART Festival in the subject line) – Make payment on ChiVAA.org (under Chico ART Festival in the Artist Portal).
- By Mail: Send to ChiVAA – Chico ART Festival, P. O. Box 1967, Chico, CA 95927. Only digital images will be used for electronic and print publicity. Hard copy photos will be used for screening only, but not for promotional purposes, and they will not be returned.
Artists who share spaces must submit individual applications with images and information as noted above.
Upon submission, the Chico ART Festival committee will review your application, with its accompanying images and descriptions, to ensure that your art meets exhibition-quality standards.
This includes radio, newspapers, TV, web & social networking. It is also important for you to use your social media to help promote your work and the show. Make sure to post regularly leading up the days of the Chico Art Festival. Connect your social media with the ChiVAA’s website, posts about your work and the show, and the Chico ART Festival Facebook page and event.
Questions? Email: festival@ChiVAA.org or call at 530-318-2105.